Monday, December 22, 2014

What I ate today: healthy edition Day 2

Sundays are sort of like our cheat days, but not really, we wake up half an hour later for our walk, and choose an easier exercise for the day, we chose tae bo. What hasn't changed about sundays is the food. It's always good.

After having holidays for 5 months, my food intake increased exponentially. In university I had 3 meals a day and one snack during physiology or biochemistry,now that i'm home I have more snack times, and not the best kind of snacks to be honest, but my sister and I are really trying to change that situation.

For breakfast yesterday I consumed my all time favourite cereal that just came back on the market after years. Its called Chocolate Pillows. It was called Chocolatey Squares before. Now when I love a cereal, I really get hooked on to it. I remember the last cereal I loved was Frosty Stars, and it had marshmallows in it which were space themed! I ate that cereal for over 8 months straight and at times, twice a day, till I could no longer find it in the shops. So I am looking forward to my time with this cereal. They're pretty much square puffs with chocolate in the center, and the chocolate melts in the most scrumptious way in hot milk.

                                      
My sister had oats with some freshly cut strawberries and cinnamon sprinkled on top, and a cup of steaming raspberry green tea. A good power kick for the morning.

She had a couple of eggs as a snack later on.


Lunch was out and we ended up at gymkhanna. My sister had some hot and sour chicken soup for starters which she said was even better than Ching's soup (I talked about this soup in my udon post) ! so i'll be trying that next time.

I had a masala papad/papadum. I love these. It's super thin,crispy and disc shaped. It can be made of different flours, and then it's covered with some salad and chaat masala. delicious!


We also had some lovely vegetable spring rolls.

Butter chicken and naan arrived for the main course.


For snacks yesterday we had some muffins, and lemonade. We make lemonade with a bit of cumin.

Hopefully we can keep up the exercise!
                                                                   -Priya-

No comments:

Post a Comment