Saturday, December 20, 2014

What I ate today: healthy edition Day 1

My sister and I came up with a pact to try and get healthy, now that we have absolutely no reason not to. I'm having long awaited holidays after a long, tiring year. I basically studied and ate-we all know what the combination does fitness wise. I just couldn't afford to make health a priority at the time, although I did try take stairs whenever I could, and eat healthier options when I could-I just did little things to help me stay active.

I'm done with university now and finally have the time to start off my healthy lifestyle the right way.


We're really getting into it though. And one thing I'm so proud of is that we didn't wait for the new year, as I'm sure the majority of us do. We're going to try this for a week first. Basically being more active and eating somewhat cleaner and not giving up on foods you absolutely love-just having them in moderation. We came up with a meal plan for the week, so expect a new blog post everyday for a week and hopefully we continue with it. We aren't trying to lose weight though, just trying to be a lot fitter. I'm tired of panting every time I go up the stairs.


We started today with a 30min brisk walk followed by breakfast. I had oatmeal with a banana mixed in and cinnamon on top, plus some orange flavoured green tea. If you're not a fan of green tea then definitely try the flavoured ones, makes a big difference taste wise. I usually love ordinary green tea, but I only found flavoured ones at home by the London fruit and herb company. Pretty good in my opinion! 




The oatmeal filled me up for quite some while. I wasn't hungry again until about 11p.m. I had a half boiled egg (exactly 12 mins of boiling from experience) with some strawberries. 




For lunch we planned for a wrap. We used some sandwich ham slices and also a couple of chicken ham slices. Some lettuce, strawberries, bell pepper, onions, olives, gherkins, a little cheese of your choice ( we used simple cheddar and mozzarella), pepper to taste and honey mustard sauce (the highlight of my lunch).


Honey mustard sauce is pretty simple to make, and tastes absolutely delicious. 1/4cup of plain yogurt/mayonnaise, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp mustard, 1/2 tsp lemon. Mix well and you've got a salad dressing! 

My mum is a pro at folding the wraps. She also helped us make the wrap covering itself. (I'll make a future post on how!).






Here's the final product. Instagram worthy! It tasted so much better than I'd expected and its easy to make. I loved the strawberries in the wrap too. A big hit with everyone at home. All in all, a great start to our get fit journey.  I feel like I will want to continue with it only if I enjoy in the food I eat, or else it'll be all the more difficult.




Afternoon snack-a slice of brown bread with chocolate peanut butter and my mums homemade coconut jam cookie. Tasted better than it looks.


In the evening we did a 25minute kickboxing workout. This workout was so intense but it felt so good afterwards. I felt quite proud of myself for getting through it. I haven't shed this much sweat in a while (no tears yet though!!).


For dinner I had some hot and sour soup with 2 frankfurters -yup, I'm back to my old non veg eating self with good reason. Had a banana for dessert. I forgot to take pictures of my dinner (too hungry I think).


I've had a super productive day today and I'm hoping to maintain it throughout the rest of the week, one step at a time and hopefully I make it to my goals. I'm glad my sister is in this with me, I need all the motivation I can get.


                    ~Risha~

No comments:

Post a Comment