Saturday, September 6, 2014

Banana Bread

The weather over the past few days has taken a complete turn and it's been freezing in nairobi. I love sweater weather and it's got me craving warm comfort food, especially after the long week I've had. I've been wanting to make banana bread for the last couple weeks but never had the time, or all the ingredients. I finally got down to it today and let's just say it's made my day. Perfect in the rainy weather with a cup of tea or coffee.

If only you could smell the cinnamon, coffee and chocolate scent throughout the house whilst this is in the oven. It's divine.






Ingredients


250g plain flour 

2 tsp baking powder 

125g softened unsalted butter

125g white sugar

125g brown sugar

3 large ripe bananas, mashed (I used 5 small ones)

2 eggs, lightly beaten

2 tsps vanilla extract

200g good quality dark or milk chocolate bar, (I used milk chocolate with nuts and white chocolate )

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 shot of espresso, cooled. (I used 1/3 cup!)

Sift the flour and baking powder first. Then mix the sugars, mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, butter, espresso and of course the chocolate chips separately.. Mix we'll and add in the flour. Mix until all incorporated. Line the cake pan with butter. Bake at 180 degrees for 50-60 mins. (Put in a toothpick or skewer to check). 

It's as simple as that!







We did things a little differently this time-my sister filmed me making the bread and hyper lapsed the result and we made a little video. It was quite fun for us! (Please excuse the mess in the kitchen, that's the aftermath of lunch on a saturday when everyone is home :) ).


Looking forward to having the bread with my chai.

                                                                  -risha-

                                                   




No comments:

Post a Comment