Sunday, August 10, 2014

For you restaurant

I've always loved family style restaurants. The ones where you don't have to necessarily worry about talking too loud because you'll disturb the people at the table next to you. I love the environment and the fact that you can somewhat feel at home, because you're that comfortable. It's always a plus if my little brother gets to jump on a trampoline or a jumping castle. Ever have that one place that your family absolutely loves, and is the first place they can think of whenever you want to eat out? The one where all the owners and the staff know you? There's this little Chinese restaurant called For You, that my brother talked about here. My family goes there pretty often, I'd say about 3-4 times a month, not including birthdays and anniversaries and new years eve (that's how much we love it!). With good reason, it just never fails your expectations. There was a time when it closed down for a while a couple years ago, and we all just felt so lost during that time. We could never think of places to go to then.

Recently they opened up a new branch, we all got pretty excited to try it out (same food, same staff, but still!). It was such a surprise! A big upgrade to the place we've known, fountains and waterfalls and beautiful paintings everywhere, whilst still maintaining the whole family feel to it.
Waterfall at the entrance. (Famous photo taking spot from what I witnessed whilst waiting to take this shot).




As soon as you come in you're given these crispy bitings, which are basically the outer covering of spring rolls, cut into triangles and fried with a bit of sugar on them. So delicious! I usually add a bit of chilli, sweet and sour and soy sauce, together with onions in vinegar.



 And the crispy vegetable spring rolls. A must have every single time.
A relatively new favorite- Salt and pepper vegetables. I feel like I could eat this alone for a couple of days and i'd be perfectly happy.
Chinese tea. Another favorite of mine.
Sizzling vegetables in sweet and sour sauce.I wasn't too keen on having this at first. I did try some and I was pleasantly surprised.
Tofu in black bean sauce. Always delicious and pretty much my staple order, especially since I became vegetarian. If anyone loves tofu as much as me, this is a must have!

The usual stir fried rice.
This chocolate ice-cream was so so delicious! And did I mention on the house! Just look at the quantity. Never saying no to free ice-cream! Unhealthy, I know, but you only live once, right? Ice-cream will always be an exception for me. So.Good.
The waiters came in singing happy birthday for my grandma, and the owner of the restaurant gave my nan this beautiful chinese comb and mirror set. Something totally uncalled for. It's so beautiful! I'm sure my nan will treasure this for years to come. We also got a 20% off because it was our first time at the new branch. It's worth every penny!
All in all, a must visit! I highly recommend this place. Especially good if you go early, e.g for lunch go before 1 p.m so it's not too packed and the service is even better. I already know where i'm having lunch next sunday-and i'm definitely looking forward to it!

-risha-




No comments:

Post a Comment