Friday, August 29, 2014

Rice cakes

I've always seen rice cakes in the supermarket near the bread section. I was intrigued because firstly they aren't expensive, and they look pretty interesting with all the different flavours. I decided to try the plain ones since it was my first time.
Pretty bland when you first bite into it, but very crunchy! I'm not very sure I could eat the rest the same way, and so decided to put some topping (a million times more delicious in my opinion).
With Nutella and banana. Highly recommend. So much better than you'd think.

With some pizza toppings. Corn, olives, tomato paste and Parmesan cheese and oregano. Delicious but making it hot for too long makes it soggy. (Rice inside is fluffed up and filled with air)-not sure what the solution for this is.

I'm thinking of trying them with some guacamole (an all time favourite of mine), maybe even hummus another time! It's a very versatile, and healthy breakfast food or snack. You can eat it any way you wish to. The Nutella and banana is definitely my favourite so far. I'm definitely trying the flavoured ones next time.

                                                            -risha-

No comments:

Post a Comment